Are you ready to embark on an exciting career journey as a Warehouse Supervisor? DANFOSS INDUSTRIES is currently seeking individuals to join our team at our Delta, BC location.
This role offers competitive compensation, a supportive work environment, and ample opportunities for professional growth.
- Location: #101 – 1588 Derwent Way, Delta, BC V3M 6Z7
- Salary: $28.85 per hour (32 to 40 hours per week)
- Terms of Employment: Permanent
- Start Date: Immediate
- Vacancies: 5 positions available
- Language: English
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Work Setting: Warehouse
Warehouse Supervisor Tasks
1. Coordinating Activities with Other Work Units or Departments:
- In this role, you will act as a pivotal link between different departments and work units within the organization. This involves ensuring the seamless flow of materials, information, and resources between various teams to meet production and delivery goals.
2. Preparing and Submitting Reports:
- Warehouse Supervisors are responsible for maintaining accurate records of inventory, shipments, and other warehouse activities. You will regularly prepare reports summarizing these data, which are crucial for management to make informed decisions.
3. Ensuring Smooth Operation of Computer Equipment and Machinery:
- Modern warehouses often rely on computer systems and machinery for efficient operations. As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will oversee the functioning of these equipment and systems to maintain productivity, addressing any technical issues promptly.
4. Resolving Work-Related Problems:
- Problem-solving is a vital aspect of this role. You’ll be tasked with identifying and addressing issues that arise during warehouse operations, such as delays, quality control problems, or equipment malfunctions.
5. Training Workers in Duties and Policies:
- To maintain a well-functioning team, Warehouse Supervisors play a critical role in training new employees and ensuring that existing staff are up to date with warehouse policies and procedures. Effective training is essential for maintaining operational efficiency and safety.
6. Coordinating, Assigning, and Reviewing Work:
- You’ll be responsible for organizing and assigning tasks to your team. This may involve scheduling shifts, prioritizing activities, and ensuring that work is carried out efficiently. Regularly reviewing and assessing the performance of your team members is crucial for maintaining high standards.
Supervision of 5-10 People:
- As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will oversee a team of 5-10 employees. This involves managing their schedules, providing guidance and support, and ensuring they have the resources they need to carry out their responsibilities effectively.
The Warehouse Supervisor plays a key role in the smooth functioning of the warehouse. Their ability to coordinate activities, troubleshoot issues, and maintain efficient operations is essential to meeting organizational goals and delivering products or services to customers on time. It’s a multifaceted role that requires strong organizational, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
This role involves:
- Working under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Engaging in physically demanding tasks
- Paying meticulous attention to detail
To excel in this role, you should be:
- Possess efficient interpersonal skills
- A team player
We offer the following health benefits:
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply through either of the following methods:
By Email: [email protected]
By Mail: #101 – 1588 Derwent Way DELTA, BC V3M 6Z7
Who Can Apply to This Job?
Please apply to this job only if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you do not meet these criteria, we regret that we cannot process your application, as the employer is unable to respond to candidates who are not authorized to work in Canada.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Join DANFOSS INDUSTRIES and become a part of our dynamic team as a Warehouse Supervisor! Your journey to a rewarding career starts here. Apply today and be a part of our growing family.
What qualifications are required to be considered for the Warehouse Supervisor position?
To be considered for the Warehouse Supervisor role, candidates should possess a secondary (high) school graduation certificate and have 1 year to less than 2 years of relevant experience. While these qualifications are important, we also value skills in coordination, problem-solving, and leadership.
What is the work environment like in this role, and are there any specific challenges to be aware of?
Warehouse Supervisors work in a dynamic environment that can be physically demanding. It involves handling heavy loads, working under pressure, and paying meticulous attention to detail. While the role is rewarding, it’s important to be prepared for the physical and organizational aspects of the job.
Can I apply for this position if I have experience in a different industry or a related role, but not specifically in warehouse management?
Absolutely! We encourage candidates with related experience and transferable skills to apply. While warehouse management experience is beneficial, we value skills such as leadership, problem-solving, and coordination. Your ability to adapt and learn quickly can be an asset in this role.
What opportunities for professional development and career growth are available to Warehouse Supervisors at DANFOSS INDUSTRIES?
At DANFOSS INDUSTRIES, we are committed to the professional growth of our team members. As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will have access to ongoing training and development opportunities. We believe in promoting from within, and successful performance in this role can open doors to advancement within our organization.